Thursday, October 2, 2014

SportVU- Data of the Futrue



SportVU in the NBA

                     SportVU is a new  technology to the U.S, although it has been used in Europe for soccer and very few MLB teams have tried it. When the NBA tips off October 29, every arena will be equipped with this data collection technology. This technology developed by an Israeli company to collect data, there will be 6 cameras that each take 25 clips be second, which will be over 4 million clips in a 48 min regulation game. This technology is going to help teams with breakdowns such as, Lebron shooting betting on Tuesdays or even as far as to predict who will take the next shot or even where the pass will end up. I think this software is going to change the game by allowing teams to game plan even deeper and get us as fans more exciting less predictable basketball.

3 comments:

  1. I find this article to be very interesting. I love to see how a technology can predict when and where the players are going to pass the ball or when they are going to shot it. It would be nice to see what the product looks like or an example of how the plays will be drawn up. I spouse that this software can be used for all sports, because you said that it will be mostly used in soccer and in baseball, but you start to talk about basketball. I found this article hard to understand, but I can understand what the main point is. I wonder if this technology is going to be used all over the world or just the United States.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very interesting article. This will help out the NBA in different ways. this will make scouting easier for teams. Making scouting easier will make the league more competitive and more exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah my bad i was just trying to summarize as short as possible, its all over European soccer and is only in some MLB stadiums- the NHL is looking at usuing it but its not their yet, basically its a new product that seems like its the next big thing is video breakdown and game planning.

    ReplyDelete