Thursday, October 9, 2014

Jacksonville- No place for a professional football team

Robert Swartz:

                          This past Sunday the beloved Pittsburgh Steelers traveled south to take on the Jaguars. The game was played to a 17-9 victory for the good guys (Pittsburgh), but how does the league not notice the lack of interest in the football team? EverBank field in Jacksonville went under some renovations this past off season, turning the football stadium into a sort of social club. The new renovations include a pool on the second level of the stadium where fans can party and maybe catch a play or two if they feel like it. Its clear the team wants to take care of the fans and give them a great expirience, but what would happen if they put that much effort into building a winning team? Its time for the partiers in Jacksonville to give the team up to a city where the team will be about winning and results not getting poolside seats to a game.

                              This is not even to mention the massive amount of money dumped into building the worlds largest scoreboard.  scoreboard construction
Its time for the city to start paying the players and getting talent instead of paying laborers and contractors to have a immaculate stadium.


5 comments:

  1. I agree with everything you said about the Jags. They need to get out of town and go to a city that will actually appreciate their company and truely dedicated fans. They are a franchise that was good at one time, but recently has gone down hill with no chance of turning around. There are plenty of big cities that would love to have a NFL franchise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree. The city has lost interest in the team. I've heard a lot lately about LA and Las Vegas being interested in having team in their cities. Why not listen to what they have to say? It can't hurt the oraganization.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to mention the Jaguars mascot making an ebola joke with the terrible towel. At this point, the Jaguars are probably considered the embarrassment of the NFL.

    Jaguars ebola joke link: http://deadspin.com/jaguars-apologize-for-mascots-ebola-joke-1642874595

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree also, why add in all those new features to the stadium if they lost interest in the team? That is disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with is completely this. I think since the NFL wants to have a team in England they should just move the Jags there. I think they would be a good team to go because no body would really miss them here in the states.

    ReplyDelete